Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday Excitement

We are gearing up for the Big 3 Birthday Party. Alec and Emma are SOOOOO excited. And I love seeing them so excited. We've been building this third birthday up for months. They know how old they are turning, that cakes and presents will be involved, and that they will get to see family. They are so pumped!


For several months now, when we've been in Sam's Club, they've begged to go by the cakes. Alec requested a Spiderman cake, and Emma wants Dora. They like the little "five and dimes," the five inch round cake with 10 cupcakes. I ordered their cakes/cupcakes yesterday, and wrapped their presents. Both of which, made them jump up and down. Emma wanted to dive into the presents right away, but Alec and I were able to deter her. She kept trying to gingerly remove tissue paper from bags or look "around the tissue paper." Or she would slide a little finger under the wrapping paper edge and look at me with puppy dog eyes. Alec has his Daddy's self-control, I guess. He just admired them without trying to open them...and kept saying "have to wait for the birthday party, Sissy" and "have to be patient!" So cute! Actually, when they first saw their presents, I heard "Wow! That's so cool! This is the perfect day, Mom!" (I think they meant party day would be the perfect day.)


Here's a video of them being interviewed about their birthday. Been trying for a whole day to get this thing uploaded and it finally went through.



5 comments:

Tonia said...

I can't believe they're going to be 3 already. They get cuter and cuter every day.

Thinking about having anymore.....?

Veronica Maria said...

I have about the same self control as Emma. ALL presents must be hidden from me until the very last minute:)

The Berry Family said...

Love the hair on both kids.

Anonymous said...

anterGG'MA sais...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - TODAY!!

Just think you both are still celebrating...but TODAY is really THE DAY!! And you're both so BIG and BEAUTIFUL & HANDSOME...Have a
wonderful day!!

Lee & Haley said...

You could not slap the smile off my face after seeing that video...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!