Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let's Play Catch-Up

Oh gosh! I know I need to post to update our avid readers on what's been going on since Halloween. Well, here it is in a nutshell: we've been busy and tired! Aaron is always busy with work. I have been busy with, obviously, entertaining two 2 1/2 year-olds daily, trying to keep them excited about peeing in the potty and hopefully pooping there too one day, arranging meals for new moms in the multiples club (there have been so many births lately!), cooking a massive amount of enchilada casseroles for a meal exchange I do with the MOMC club, planning, grant writing and kicking off our Angel Tree ministry at church, trying to get Christmas shopping done, planning Thanksgiving (which is at our house with my family this year), and trying to really get back into a running routine, which has been repeatedly interrupted by my getting sick.

Exactly a month ago, I went in for a sinus infection. I was put on antibiotics. Now I have another one, and I feel like poo. There is so much pressure in my sinus cavities that my teeth hurt. I've been coughing so much that every area of my abdominal muscles has received the workout of a lifetime. I've been trying to do this sinus rinse thingy (kindof like a Neti pot...but not), but apparently I still need to go to the doctor because I feel awful. Aaron is so anti-doctor, but last time and this time he's been telling me to go to the clinic. So, he's going to take off a little early today so I can to to the Walmart clinic this evening. I know that antibiotics will help, I just don't understand why I came down with two so close together. I guess the weather fluctuations have really done me in this year.

In other news, the kids have been pretty funny lately. Emma has been spanking and reprimanding her Oucan (stuffed Toucan that is her favorite lovey). She'll give him a few whacks and then say something like "You have to listen. I said no. You have to look at me. I said no." Hey, at least she's been listening! And they've also really gotten into playing "doctor" lately. They keep taking an emery board of mine and using it as a tongue depressor on "baby" and Blue. They're also getting really excited about Christmas things this year. One of our neighbors was working on lights and had them on the other night, and the kids went nuts! They've also been really excited about Santa and Chritmas trees and snowmen that they see in the stores. I got them a Twas the Night Before Christmas book, and we've been reading it a lot already. I'm excited because I think this will be the first really FUN Christmas with them! My plan is to get some decorations up this weekend...because hopefully, I'll be feeling a lot better by then.

Finally, we made the transition to toddler beds. It kinda happened on a whim this last weekend. The kids think it's pretty cool, especially Alec, because he's never been able to fully get out of his crib. Let's face it...Emma could do whatever she wanted anyway because she's a monkey child. I kind of dreaded the transition because I read so many horror stories of parents whose kids just refused to stay in bed anymore or nap anymore...but they've done amazingly at night. No issues there! Nap time takes some gentle coaxing, ha ha, from the Nap Nazis (Aaron and I tag team this role), but they are beginning to understand that daytime rest is still not an option. Today they went down pretty easily, and I was really thrilled.

Speaking of nap, they will be waking up soon. So, I'd better jet. Until next time...

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! Its not any fun to take care of little ones while you feel crappy.

That's great that the kids didn't have a problem adapting to the toddler beds! One less thing you'd have to deal with on top of everything else.