Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year was the second time for us to have Thanksgiving here at our house. I tried to make it less stressful the day of, by making all of the side dishes the 3 days prior. All I really succeeded in doing was making 3 days stressful instead of one. Ha! But seriously, it did help. I made southern cornbread stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and squash casserole beforehand. My mom did the turkey and gravy and brought the pecan and pumpkin pies. I did the creamed corn the day of...and my sister helped man the kitchen and do whatever else needed to be done with service items and place settings.

My family (all except my dad, because he ended up having to work) arrived Wednesday afternoon. Mom put the turkey in overnight, and we had a fantastic Thanksgiving lunch the next day. We enjoyed a lot of fun times together. The kids got to play with their cousin, Kylie, whom they are crazy about. We went down to the Fayetteville square to see the Lights of the Ozarks. My sister and I had our annual screening of "Christmas Vacation." They babysat for us while Aaron and I went out to brave a little of Black Friday. And they had to leave Friday afternoon, because my sissy had to work Saturday. It was a short, but great visit.

For Christmas, we'll make our usual cross-country tour. We're gonna head to Victoria to spend Christmas Day with Aaron's family and then make a stop in Purcell to see the Lee's before spending New Year's with my family. So excited to see EVERYONE at Christmas!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

This time try to stop in Houston! Even if its just to meet for coffee or something while you're passing through! I'd love to see you, Aaron & the babies.