Friday, January 20, 2012

January Weather Wonders

So, you may recall from the last few years, that we have experienced some pretty brutal January and February weather. The ice storm of '09, the ice storm of '10, and the 2 ft snow dump of Feb 2011 were enough to drive me right back to South Texas! But for some reason...so far, our winter weather this year has been pretty mild. And yes, I realize that I'm totally jinxing it! I fully expect that we could end up with a few heaps of snow and ice anytime before April 15th. But I'm also enjoying totally basking in the fact that I've been outside with my kids with no coats for the last two days. And that is nothing short of miraculous for January. Here are some pictures of our adventures today.

We spent about an hour and a half in the backyard. We played frisbee, soccer, tee ball, and pretty much every imaginative thing that could be done with our playset (sans big slide- since it was broken by a neighbor...and we weren't going to replace it till the spring. You know cuz we figured we'd be stuck indoors for at least 6 months.)

Anyways, we had a blast. And I did cherish every minute with my children who have been angels the last two days. (Please refer to previous post if this is confusing.)





1 comment:

The Berry Family said...

You know I feel the same. Loved the pictures. We've had a rough week due to being so tired. Hang in there.