Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Ear Infection

Well, I took Emma to the pediatrician yesterday because this cold has not subsided, and I don't like the wheezing and difficulty she's had breathing. Plus, she was sounding really rattley and coughing junk up. Her fever had been pretty steady since Sunday afternoon, too. So...better to be safe than sorry.

It ends up that her cold is probably just a cold (viral) that will run its course. But she does have a right ear infection. I had no clue. She hasn't really acted like her ear was bothering her at all. We did get antibiotics for that, however, and in the event that the cold is more like bronchitis, the antibiotic will knock that infection out as well. We also have an inhaler for her...to open up her lungs so that she can breathe easier.

I was surprised that Emma weighed in at 17# 7oz. at the doctor's office. She was at 16# 2oz. on Jan. 22nd at their 9mo visit, and I figured that her weight gain had been pretty meager this month, considering she's been eating less while she's been feeling bad. She's seeming a little better today...but barely made it through lunch. She is really tired. They are napping now, as is usual at this time of day.

Now I get to decide what to do with the next few hours. I need to clean, but have zero motivation. Also have bills to do and laundry...and the list goes on. I'm not feeling 100% either. Feels like I'm fighting off a cold. How could I not get one? I'm in the trenches with my kids and their snot, drool, and poop everyday! I'm not complaining...I'm fine with the trenches. Just saying that it would be pretty difficult for me to not catch any of their bugs.

Here's hoping that the antibiotics, etc...do their duty and make my pretty princess better.

4 comments:

Veronica Maria said...

maybe i need some of her meds...:)

i like the new backgroud! you will have to teach me how to do all that cute backgroud stuff. i have no idea!

Alec & Emma Davis said...

You go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and you can pick through a whole bunch and you just paste the HTML/Javascript thingy into an "add a gadget" spot on the page where you customize your layout. Then you just have to choose a template that matches the background. I had to mess around with templates a lot to get one that looked good.

The Berry Family said...

Ear infections are the worst. Now Ruth is vomiting, but not after every feeding and having horrible, gross diapers once or twice a day. I don't know what is wrong with her.

AAAAHHHH! Congrats on Emma walking.

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, I have so enjoyed your blog! It is so much fun to hear about what is going on and all the new things Emma and Alec are doing! They are just too cute! I was blessed to have Tracy, Cooper and Collin visiting for a week. Jimmy, Ryan and Bryan came home on Feb. 19 and Johnny came out to El Paso as well and we all went to Ruidoso for a birthday celebration for Jimbo on the 20th. We had sooooo much fun! Cooper and Collin are so precious! I cannot believe how fast they grow! Dixie Dude will be sooooooo FUN this year with all these precious babies! Love you guys and love your blog! XOXOXOX Aunt Barb