Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Birthday

Well, I have been trying to get the first birthday pics uploaded to Blogger, but for some reason, it is not cooperating with me. I was able to get all of the good pics uploaded to my facebook, so here is the link to the public album. It's probably better this way, because there are so many pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71211&id=543072123&l=68c9f069a8

Here you will find pictures from our trip to Texas: their party there, the babies dedication, and other random pics while in Goliad and also, new pics from their party here at home last weekend.

I still can't believe that they are one whole year old. I think about all that we were doing at this time last year...bringing Alec home and going back and forth to the NICU to see Emma. We were in the midst of a lot of overwhelming circumstances. Bringing one new baby into the world is like that, but bringing twins, and one that had to stay in the hospital, no less...was definitely a lot to swallow.

Looking back, Aaron and I are amazed at the peace that God gave us through that time and the first several months as we learned through all of the challenges how to be parents of two tiny new people. We have been so blessed to have our twins. Yes, it is twice the work. Yes, it is twice the snot (especially right now...they both have ear infections and I'm feeling under the weather too) and poop and laundry. But it is also twice the smiles, twice the giggles, twice the wonder of discovery, and twice the love...and it is so totally worth it!

I already miss some of the babyness, but I look forward to new stages that will be filled with joy and laughter, and another year of blessings!

No comments: