Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Crazy!

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post because they've been so sporadic lately. Of course, it's such a busy time of year. Right now I'm trying to do about twenty things at once because we leave (hopefully) tomorrow after Aaron gets off (early) to start our annual cross-country Christmas adventure. I say hopefully, because a front is coming through today, which is supposed to bring storms, hail, snow, etc. We're under a severe weather advisory for tonight. It's supposed to snow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and perhaps the day after. This would all be lovely...if we weren't supposed to be traveling tomorrow night. Now, if it's just a nice snow...no worries. The Pilot is big and heavy and has 4-wheel drive. If it's a blizzard or icing or hailing...well that's another story. Since, as my husband is quick to point out, weathermen are mostly just guessing anyway, we'll wait and see how it actually turns out. Obviously, we'll do whatever we have to do to stay safe. But, hopefully, we'll get to go.

We're supposed to drive to Enid on C'mas Eve. We'll be with my folks for Christmas Day and Saturday, and then we'll drive to Norman on Sunday to spend the night with our pseudo-family...

brief pause while I de-glitter my son. He managed to rip a ribbon off of the tree. The ribbon with the most glitter, mind you. He was pretty much covered head to toe, and mouth with silver glitter. Lord! I only decorated the top-half of the tree (which looks...um, interesting) but he managed to get to a ribbon.

...okay our pseudo family, the Lees. Then Monday we'll drive the rest of the way to Goliad. We'll be down in Tx for the week, because I'm giving a bridal shower for my friend, Veronica, on Saturday, the 2nd, in Houston.

So, today, my list includes, cleaning, ironing, finishing a little laundry, two bags of moose munch, wrapping, and packing and packing and packing. Good times. Well, I don't think we'll have much internet access while we're gone. Aaron's g'ma disconnected her home internet, since she's at the apt. now.

Here's the driving lowdown:
Thursday 4 hrs to Enid
Sunday 2 hrs to Norman
Monday 8-9 hr to Goliad
Friday 2 hrs (just me) to Houston for the shower
Saturday 2 hrs (just me) back to Goliad
Sunday 12 hrs back home

Obviously, we love our families very much! Pray for traveling mercies and happy babies. :-)

No comments: