Friday, March 26, 2010

I am a Champion!

So, I'm kindof a hypocrite because when I took this picture for Veronica, I scoffed..."yeah, she's probably going to post it on her blog," and here I am posting this on my blog. V, Dr. Dan and a few other wedding party members had a Nike challenge going called the Wedding Season Slimdown. From the end of October until the wedding, we had to run and see who had the most miles. Well, I did about 106 miles and won. To the victor go the spoils, and this incredible t-shirt is my spoils. :-) Seriously, it's pretty cool. It says Wedding Season Slimdown WINNER.


I've just joined these same friends in the Palm Sunday to Palm Beach challenge. Basically, whoever does the most miles from Sunday to the first weekend in June. I think the plan is that we'll all put $20 in the pot, and the winner gets the dough. I like t-shirts, but I like money too...so look out! Plus I need to train for Race for the Cure. Aaron and I want to run the 5K.

5 comments:

Veronica Maria said...

Don't be too cocky...it's amazing how money can inspire people to run & run & run & run:)

Lee & Haley said...

Congratulations!!!

Money is quite inspiring....oh, and in my case, being able to go to the pool less than fully clothed too : )

Shelley is adjusting to Japan well. She's actually in Thailand and Cambodia for the next 3 weeks She got a job as an English tutor in Japanese school on the beach! She is going to ride her bike to work...did I mention it is 2 days a week? She's living the life, soaking up the culture, and enjoying every minute : ) I think she'll be back in Texas in a couple of months since Adam is getting deployed AGAIN. It is hard to be alone for that long in a country where nobody speaks your language and theirs is extremely difficult to learn.

You and the kids are ADORABLE. Oh, and I like your hair long--it is pretty : )

Lee & Haley said...

obviously I was typing too fast to care about certain letters and most punctuation.

Veronica Maria said...

i hope you're wearing that tshirt EVERYWHERE. i took great pride in designing it!

Carey said...

I am loving the t shirt : ) Congratulations!!