Thursday, March 11, 2010

Saturday

Last Saturday was pretty busy. I left to go to my 9am zumba class, but when I got to the gym a little late (the kids were in meltdown mode...and it took a while for me to get going) they had removed the door handles from the newly repainted doors to the multipurpose room, and this other girl and I couldn't get in. We waited for a water break for the other people in class, and banged on the door...but apparently, no one realized we wanted to come in. So they ignored us. So...since I didn't have my ipod, I wasn't going to run without music and all of the treadmills were taken anyway. I decided to just go run some errands instead.

There was a big Rhea Lana consignment sale at John Q Hammons Ctr, so I stopped by there. Found quite a few nice spring and summer things for Emma, but I only got a couple of pairs of pants for Alec because the boys stuff was really picked over. It was the last day- but everything was half off.

Then, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a new comforter set for our room. They had it on clearance, half off, and I had a gift card from Christmas. So, I got the comforter set, 2 sets of sheets, valances, toss pillows, a throw...everything (it was on of those supersets) for a ridiculously low price.

Next, I hit the Children's Place to look for a birthday gift for my niece, Kylie. She is turning 6 on St. Patrick's Day, the 17th. We'll be going to Enid to celebrate her bday and the twins' bdays a little early in a group party. They always have great sales. I got her a super cute spring outfit complete with pink jelly sandals and a darling headband.

Finally, I went to Target to get a French door lever lock for the front door. When I got home, Aaron and I installed the lever lock and a few cabinet catches. Here's a picture of Alec helping Dad out with his own power drill...and Emma falling asleep during lunch.

Later that evening, we had our good friends from church, the Eggebraaten's, over for dinner. We had a great time visiting and catching up. We see them every Sunday...but we don't get to really hang out with a lot of our friends much anymore, now that we're busy with our kiddos.






No comments: