Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary

On July 13th, Aaron and I celebrated 9 years of marriage. It's kind of wild when you think about it...how much time flies. Hard to believe that we've been married for 9 and together for 15 1/2! The actual date fell on a Wednesday, so we waited for the weekend to go out. We were planning to go to this place in Fayetteville called Savor, that supposedly has this new chef with amazing credentials...but after hearing a few "less than stellar" reviews, and seeing the most ridiculous commercial for the place on their website, we decided to go to Bordino's (also in FAY) instead.

We had some good friends watch the kids that evening. Melissa and Jon are engaged. Melissa has worked with Aaron at Walmart forever, and the kids know both of them from Aaron's softball team. They love them!

Dinner was spectacular. We both had Tomato Bisque, that was garnished with goat cheese and fresh croutons. Aaron had a steak medallion with gorgonzola butter and asparagus for the main course, and I had chicken and black eyed peas in white truffle cream sauce. So...ridiculously...good! I don't really like black eyed peas, but I'd heard the chicken dish was divine, so I went with it. They actually made them taste good. We both had white chocolate creme brulee for dessert, and it was out of this world too. And there was vino. My favorite was a red sirah/verdoh blend called Petite Petit. Very good.

We ate early, because the only reservation they had open was 5:45...so it was really quiet and nearly empty where we were seated. That is until a really obnoxious bachelorette party showed up, and ruined the calm. It wouldn't have been so obnoxious if they weren't "almost 40's" acting like "almost 30's." But I suppose it's fine. We were on our way out as they were getting their beverages.

Next year, for the big 10, the plan is to take a super fabulous trip to Hawaii. I have my eye on the Grand Wailea resort in Maui. I love the thrill of planning a trip. We haven't flown anywhere since we went to Puerto Rico in '07, and actually, we haven't so much as taken a weekend getaway since the twins came along. Yes, I realize we need to get them acclimated to being away from us, and we plan to...so it's not a major shock when we're gone for 5-7 days. So I'm really really excited...and I'll probably take the whole year to track down the best package and research all of the fun things we can do. Yipee!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Congratulations on 9 years!