Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eleven Months

Let's go, Dad!


Alec: "I can fly, woohoo!"
Emma: "Sit up before you fall out, dork!"


Emma Rosey Nose and Alec wearing the Dallas Cowboys hoodie and hat
that belonged to his Daddy




Today Alec and Emma turn 11 months old. I absolutely can't believe that time is moving so quickly. I think all the time about how much more we're going to be able to do together as they get older and bigger...things like going to the playground or the library or the zoo, doing arts and crafts together, and baking together. These are the things that I've dreamed of doing with my kids forever. But I am acutely aware that right now is precious. I LOVE this age! They are so incredibly cute and attached to us, that the love just pours out of them, and it really makes my heart nearly burst several times a day. I have so much fun playing with them and watching them change and develop right before my eyes. They are learning so much so fast, and I know that in a few years, even as we are enjoying the playground and making rice krispie treats for Daddy, that I will miss these wonderful baby days. So, I'm trying to soak up every ounce of their babyness right now.


Some milestones we are at right now are that both of them are standing and balancing without holding onto anything. They both take steps between furniture, toys and us...Emma a little bit more than Alec. They both say mama, dada, emma, byebye (and wave). Emma says keekee (Cookie) and uh-oh. Alec doesn't feel the need to say uh-oh because sister says it enough for both of them. They are on the go pretty constantly, and are at peace in the octagon less and less. We are looking at baby gates and ways to reconfigure the living room furniture to give them a safe and bigger play area. They really object to being placed in anything "stationary" like the bouncer or walker, except for their high chair. And that brings me to food.


They love to eat. They eat a lot, and with Alec...you can tell. He's getting heavy! Emma is growing too, but she's just such a dainty lady compared to her bruiser of a brother. They are still humoring me with the last few jars of Stage 3 baby food, but would much rather feed themselves real food, chewy food. They LOVE macaroni and cheese. Hmmm, no doubt they are their father's children! They love meat sticks, and chicken or turkey when Mom makes it, string cheese bits, mandarin oranges, grape bits, yogurt, whole grain waffles, oatmeal and oatbran with applesauce...and the list goes on. OH, and I almost forgot, they are 1/4 Mexican...so they love tortillas, Spanish rice, refried beans, and pretty much anything off of Mom's or Dad's plate at the Mexican restaurant.


Aaron informed me yesterday that Alec likes to "shake." We hold his hands and say "shake shake shake" and he bops his head back and forth (imagine Stevie Wonder) and gets a kick out of it. I am also starting to work with the kids on a little sign language like "thank-you" and "more." Well, this has been a longer post than I planned. Just imagine how mushy I'm going to get this time next month for the big number 1! Well, here are a few pictures of the kids getting ready to go for a walk with Daddy not too long ago. We'll take some pics this weekend, and I'll post true 11 month shots soon!

No comments: