Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!







For the Independence Day weekend, we went to Enid to see my folks. We left Friday after breakfast, and came back Sunday after breakfast. The kids had a great time at Nana (my g'ma) and Mimi's (my mom) house. Mimi bought the kids a little blow-up wading pool to play with, since it was so darn hot! The first day we were there, the car said the outside temp was 103 degrees at one point!!! The kids played in the pool Friday afternoon, and then Saturday, for the 4th, we took them to Meadowlake Park to ride the carousel, and then came back to the house for swimming after their nap. We had a traditional 4th of July dinner of hamburgers and brats. Mimi made cute little hamburger patties for Alec and Emma...but they are weird with ground beef (I think the texture puts them off). So, they ended up eating bratwurst instead. They were very happy to eat the glorified hot dogs, if I'd stab it with the fork and let them put it in their mouth themselves. We also celebrated my aunt's birthday (5th of July) with a yummy chocolate and caramel cheesecake. We had a great time seeing all of the family, including my sister, Christina and her daughter, Kylie, my dad (PaPa) and Eula, who is like another aunt to us. Here are a few pics of us playing in the pool and at the park carousel.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad y'all were able to get away for the weekend.