Friday, July 10, 2009

Reading Books

Here is a video from a few days ago. We read together almost everyday. The kids have a Favorite Nursery Rhymes book that they love, and a book about animals that has fur that they can touch. Recently, I started reading them a Winnie the Pooh book about colors, which they seem to like quite well. They love to see the colorful pictures and turn the pages themselves. After I read to them, I give them a book to look at and play with themselves. For the last few days, when I've given them the books to play with, Emma has just gone to babbling and pointing and turning pages as if she truly believes that she is reading her book and it is just so darling. I've tried for days to get a good video of it, but the camera keeps running out of battery power or memory...so finally...here is one that is pretty darn cute!

2 comments:

The Berry Family said...

Great video! Ruth loves books too and will "read" to herself. I can't let her have books with real pages, though, because she will rip them.

Alec & Emma Davis said...

oh,yes, they only get board books. anything with regular paper pages would be toast!