Saturday, October 24, 2009

Children of the Corn

Happy Autumn!
Freedom!

This is one of my favorites!

Sweet bear! Look at how those eyes sparkle!



Mommy showing them how to be goofy with corn stalks!

"Sweeping" the floor.

Emma pretending to do some manual labor.

Seriously, you want us to sit still for a posed picture?
Just gimme a minute, Dad.

See, I told you I'd get it.

This looks like a good one.

I don't know. It has a few spotty patches.

Today we went to the Right Choices Corn Maze and pumpkin patch in Southwest City, MO. We'd gone twice with our church Young Adult Group, prior to having the twins. Last year, we passed, since they were so young. This year, we thought they'd have a blast running through the maze, and they did! It was a great way for them to run off some energy. We just let them lead the way. We made a few circles, but we did make it out the actual exit...which is pretty good for us.

It turned out to be a gorgeous day today. It was sunny and in the 60s. I was prepared for frigid weather because yesterday was in the 40s. I'm glad it ended up being mild. It was just the picture of fall beauty, and our drive out to the maze was fantastic. All of the trees are in their prime color right now.

At the Manning Farm, the kids also got to see some farm animals (pigs, goats, chickens, cows) and walk through the pumpkin "patch." They really enjoyed exploring, and we got some great pictures and video. Aaron shot this one walking backwards as the kids were walking through the maze. We've watched it about a thousand times already.

I know that I promised pictures from OU/TX weekend, but we couldn't find our camera last weekend. Dave and Kathy took some pictures, and hopefully...they'll send us some so we can share.


5 comments:

The Berry Family said...

How very fun and cute! You look so skinny. I guess it takes getting up at 5 am to run everyday instead of eating chocolate so much.

Go figure.

kathy said...

The pictures are on my facebook page. Can you get them from there?

Tonia said...

I bet the kids had a blast. How come they didn't have anything like that when i was little?

Veronica Maria said...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese! :)

Lee & Haley said...

Jen you're kids are too adorable. Figures--they have great parents!!

I laughed so hard I cried. "Cheese cheese cheese!" LOVE IT!