Friday, October 16, 2009

Off to Norman We Go!

Today is "take two" of a trip to Norman that we've been planning since the summer. We usually go for Labor Day, but as you may recall, Alec and Emma ended up with hand, foot and mouth viral infections, and so we stayed home. A very good call. But we decided to try to reschedule for OU/TX weekend. It shouldn't be super out of control in Norman, since the game is in Dallas, and all of the super hard core people will be there.

Our best friends/family aren't going to Dallas...so we are looking forward to hanging out with them. The Lees (Dave and Kathy, Josh, Claire and Nora, and Kyle) are our "Norman family." They were our surrogate family while we were in college, since both Aaron's and my parents lived in Victoria, 8 hours away. I met Josh in Music Appreciation first semester of freshman year...before Aaron had transferred from Victoria College. (He stayed in V-town a semester to get some classes out of the way on the cheap, and also to work 3 jobs to save up more money so that he could afford to move up to Norman with me.) Let's face it...out of state tuition bites! And he's the one that made it out with zero debt... Thanks to a fund that his g'parents had set up and his indomitable work ethic!!! But anyways, back to my story.

So, Joshy and I hit it off rather quickly because he reminded me a lot of Aaron (I know that sounds wierd...but don't read anything into it.) He was a guitar player and loved all the same kind of music. We would converse about Stevie Ray Vaughan and Counting Crows, and I would tell him about how as soon as Aaron transferred up, they were going to be great friends. Aaron did transfer up in January, and Aaron, Charlotte (my roommate, and the other friend we'll be seeing this weekend because she's back at OU for her graduate degree) and I were basically adopted by Josh's family. We love them all dearly, and are looking forward to a really fun weekend. We'll post pics when we get back!

2 comments:

The Berry Family said...

Please tell Char Char I said hello!!!! And don't make me jealous by taking class or anything.

The Berry Family said...

by the way, The Berry Family is the old Ruth and the always Natalie