Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Couple of Random Things

Here are some random things, since I didn't really get to post last week. The reason is that I was totally inundated with our Mothers of Multiples Club consignment sale. It was well worth my time, however, because I made over $250!

As I'm writing this, Blue's Clues is ending and Emma is saying "oh, dear!" They are saying some funny things lately: "Gadzooks!" "Hey, come back here!" "What're you doin'?" "What's happening?!" "Freeze!" and some things that aren't funny but wonderful like: "Thank you, Mommy" and "I love you." I love that I can "conversate" with my kids now.

Okay, house update: the redo of our stupid leak wall is 99.9% finished. They finished the work in a week proper, but Aaron noticed something about the work that he wasn't totally pleased with, aesthetically speaking. Above the roof eyebrows, they left a space that looks like it's missing a brick on each side, because those tiny little ledges have shingles on them, and generally they won't put a brick right there because later on if you need to replace your shingles, you don't have to worry about pulling brick too. I can see why it bothers Monk, I mean Aaron (just kidding, honey- I really do understand). It looks unfinished and a little odd. The main guy in charge of the work/ company said that they would be happy to do whatever our preference dictated. So, sometime in the next week, we'll have two little bricks filled in above the eyebrows...and then it'll be 100% finished. Now we (by we, I mean Aaron and Will and whoever else) can get to fixing the sheetrock in our dining room. And then we can paint and lay our laminate. I can't wait to get the new floor.

Speaking of new floor...apparently I didn't express exactly what I was envisioning in terms of where all the wood (laminate) flooring would go. Marital Communication 101: don't expect your spouse to read your mind...and don't assume you're reading theirs. :-) Aaron was rather surprised when I mentioned tearing up the tile in our foyer because I want the entire foyer, dining, living room, and hallway to be done. He was planning to leave the foyer tiled. When it comes to home projects, I have to give him a "heads up" so that he can "mentally prepare himself." So, I'm glad that this little conversation came up before, you know, I started taking a hammer to the tile just for fun. I played the "this will make the whole area look much bigger" and "the demo will be so much fun" card. I'm pretty sure he's playing the "taking up carpet alone is so much easier" and the "you're not even going to be doing this" card. I guess we'll see what happens! :-)

Here are some random video footage and photos:


The snow fountain's first spring blooms in our front yard.

These three are the Oklahoma bombing memorial in OKC.

We stopped in the city after the reunion at OU
to visit my dad, and to finally pay homage at the memorial.


We had never been before. It still hurts to think about the death and destruction.


Emma decided that every toy in the living room needed to be used to bury Daddy!


Alec doing the splits!



1 comment:

Veronica Maria said...

I love how nakey Emma has a fro in her diaper. It's awesome:)