Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yes, Jesus Loves Me!

So, usually on Wednesday nights, we meet Daddy at church after the guitar lessons that he gives, and we go to Bible study from 7-8. Tonight, though, we're taking a break because a) the kids have been snotty and coughing with the "allergy junk" for several days now, b) we're going to Norman for Kyle's wedding and to go to the zoo with Mimi, Papa James and Kylie this weekend and I haven't packed anything and I have some cleaning to do, and c) we haven't been home all together as a family at all this week (Monday, I taught, Tuesday, I had a MOMC meeting) and we won't tomorrow because Aaron has a double-header with softball. Soooo, back to my original reason for writing this post. I was finishing up dinner with the kids, cutting up some kiwi fruit and oranges for them...and I heard the most delightful sound come from Emma's mouth. She was singing "Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me!" I sing "Jesus Loves Me" to the kids with the hand signs all the time, but I've never heard them repeat it before. She sounded like a little angel, and it made my night. I almost cried. Anyways, I was thinking that even though we're not making church tonight, we're having worship here at home, and my daughter is leading it. :-)

2 comments:

Tonia said...

That's awesome. Family night is very important and its so wonderful that your little girl brought god into your home since you weren't able to make it to church.

Carey said...

Love that little worship leader : )