Monday, May 10, 2010

Drummers!

Alec and Emma love to drum. I have to say that Alec is more into it than Emma, but they both love to bang on things. They must have gotten it from their PaPa Jeff, who used to be a drummer. I feel like they are pretty good at recognizing tempo, rhythm, and dynamics in music. In fact, a few weeks ago, when we all went to church early because Aaron and I were leading worship that Sunday...Alec managed to make his way up to the drumset on the platform and started drumming. I walked into the sanctuary, having just dropped Emma in the nursery, not knowing that he was up there with Aaron, and assumed that Liz was warming up. I couldn't believe it when I saw my son at the drums! He actually sounded GOOD. And that's not just delusional mother talk! Pretty much everyone on the team was like "um...he's actually good!" They also love to play on the piano in the gym (I don't let them near the baby grand). So, I'm thinking that some music lessons are definitely in our future!

Anyways, they love to drum to Matt and Kim. This particular day, I set up a "full drum set" for them. I set out some tupperware, the pans and lids, a bucket and laundry basket turned upside down, and maybe some tambourines. I gave them their stools and some wooden spoons for sticks. They went to town!

No comments: