Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Sunday, I celebrated my 3rd Mother's Day. Aaron and the kids gave me some beautiful cards, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, and a package of 3 massages at Massage Envy (which I am so super pumped about!) I had a fantastic day with my family that included church, Chinese food, and relaxing at home.

I do wish that we could have been with our mothers, though. The older that I get and the longer I walk through motherhood, the more I recognize, appreciate, and am awestruck by the realization of all that our mothers have sown into our lives. There are many things that are touch and go as a new mom, and instinct does kick in often...but how would we ever know how integral and influencial we are unless we remember how much the love, patience, kindness, teaching and correction of our own mothers was to us? Aaron and I have both been blessed with fabulous moms. They are some of the most selfless people that I know. They know how to love, how to be a friend, and how to pray!

As I navigate my own road as Mommy, I am completely filled with gratitude every day, because there was a time that we didn't know if we'd even be able to have babies. Things that don't come easily, that come only through perseverance, prayer, and faith...are the things we treaure the most. I am baffled by the love that I have for my children, and moved beyond comprehension at the love that they show me. Parenting isn't easy. It can be downright messy, frustrating, and push one to the absolute limits of their patience and sanity. But as my mother always says, "It's the toughest job you'll ever love!" And I do love it. I take the responsibility to love and raise my babies (er...toddlers) very seriously. Nothing that I have accomplished in this life has ever come close to bringing me the same joy.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, to Wanda, to our grandmas and all of my wonderful friends who share this amazing role with me!

1 comment:

Lee & Haley said...

Happy Mother's Day (a little late)!!