Monday, May 10, 2010

Oklahoma City Zoo

The first weekend in May, we went to Norman/OKC. We needed to be there that weekend for our friend Kyle's wedding on Sunday. And since my mom and I have been talking about getting together in the city for a zoo day, this seemed like the perfect weekend to do it! Friday night, we drove in and met my parents and Kylie in the city. We took them to dinner at Abuelo's and all enjoyed a fantastic meal. We all got a kick out of watching Alec eat his weight in chips and salsa (seriously, he has to have his own bowl of salsa...and he will eat it all)! And Emma did about the same with the cheese dip and chicken fajita meat. A nice waitress brought the kids some balloons, which basically made their night! After that, I dropped Aaron off to play lazer tag with Kyle and some friends (kind of a bachelor thing)...and took the kids to bed at the Lee's house. The next morning we met my family again at the zoo. It was chilly and rainy, but it ended up being perfect weather later when it cleared up because it wasn't HOT! We did a lot of walking and saw a lot of animals. The kids all had fun, and so did we. We didn't get as many pics as I would have liked, but I'm posting a few that we did get.

Sunday, we went to the wedding at the train depot in Norman. It was a Native American ceremony. I'm sure it was lovely, but my kids wanted to run around a make noise...so we ended up walking around with them away from the ceremony so as not to be disturbing. I ended up taking them back to the car to watch a movie until it was cupcake time. By then, they were fine.
Congratulations, Kyle and Whitney!

Then we got to drive home. (oh the joys of road trips with 2- 2 yr olds)



Outside the giraffes

Man, they're big!

giraffes and zebras

Kylie and Emma (Alec was asleep)

lioness

Me and Emma at the lions.

This is Alec chillin' with Dave. I can't get this picture to move, so...we're a little out of order.

sea lion

orangutan


2 comments:

Tonia said...

It looks like fun was had by all.

Chelsea said...

Hey! I did not realize you had a blog- I found this on Jenni's blog. Your kids are SO CUTE! I just love it!