Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Decorating for Christmas




So, over the past few days, the babies and I have been decorating our house for Christmas. Yes, I realize that Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet, but we will be out of town this weekend, and I needed to get the decorating done while I had the chance. I don't want to belittle the Thanksgiving holiday in any way. I love Thanksgiving. I think that it is so important for us to take time to reflect on the many blessings that the Lord has given us, but not just on one day of the year. Something that I hope to instill in my children is the value of gratitude, and in rejoicing in the simple pleasures and bigger blessings that each and every day brings. Our family has much to be thankful for this year. We have doubled in size and grown exponentially in love, and we are so happy to have one another with which to share this wonderful season.

I say that the babies and I did the decorating because if it weren't for their contentment, cooperation, and good naps...I would never have gotten it done. Sunday, I worked on the inside decorations minus the Christmas tree. Monday, I did the outside lights. (Weather was nice...babies hung out on the porch with me and napped.) Tuesday, I tackled the tree. As most of you know, I love Christmas. I love the way the house looks when it's decorated. It feels so warm and inviting. I love the lights. I love the music...oh, how I love the music! I've been singing lots of Christmas songs to the babies, so I'm hoping that my obsession will rub off. : ) I also love giving gifts. Not necessarily fighting the crowds and the shopping itself, but the joy of wonderful surprises on Christmas day.

So, here are a few pics of the finished product. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and here's looking forward to Christmas!

No comments: