Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Get up, Stand up...




Yeah, so I had the babies by myself Sunday morning, because Daddy was needed on the worship team. (We both used to be scheduled for worship team quite often before the babies, but as you can imagine, we've taken a leave of absence for a while until our lives are a little less crazy. But sometimes, they are without a guitarist...so Aaron steps in. That means he has to be at church for early practice on Sunday from 8:30am until 9:30 or so, and then he runs back home to pick up the kids and me, and we have to make it back to church for him to be on the platform by about 10:20.) Needless to say, I handle two babies all week long for a good 50 hours or so by myself...so it's not that I can't do it...it's just that by the weekend, I am SO ready to have a partner in crime to do baby duty with. So, Sunday mornings are a little tough when it's just me. Getting them fed, cleaned up, dressed for church, entertaining them, and keeping an eye on them all while trying to get myself fed (hopefully) and also ready for church can be a challenge. Like I said, it's not that its not doable, it's just SO MUCH EASIER when Daddy is around to help. So, that's all the background to my story.

I was running back and forth between the living room and my bathroom, trying to keep a decent eye on them, and also trying to get ready. Alec was in the play yard, and Emma was in her jumperoo. I ran to the bathroom to do something with my hair, and then decided to check on them in between hair and makeup. When I got to the living room, you can see in the pictures above what I saw. Alec had pulled himself up the grating of the play yard gate and was standing up watching t.v. like it was nothing. As you can see, Cookie is standing on the other side, making sure that everything is okay. She started barking, either because she was worried about him, or about the fact that these kids are getting more and more mobile everyday and it kinda freaks her out. I have a feeling that he will be an early walker. He's got pretty strong legs. It's crazy how he's really taken off in the last month. All of a sudden he's crawling, sitting up on his own, holding his bottle, babbling and pulling himself to sit and stand. It's pretty amazing to see.

You may be wondering what sister is upto. She has been doing the army crawl and squealing and making noise for the longest time. She makes consonant sounds, and will repeat them...but usually when something is in her mouth like a teether or her fingers. Not a true babble yet. She sits up on her own, and is gaining stability. She will pull a bottle to her mouth and then smile and let go as if to say "nah, I'd rather you hold it." It's crazy how quickly they are changing. We can barely keep up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaahhhh yay! I love my babies!!!! Hello and Aaron, Jenifer, Alec and Emma, can't wait to see you soon!!!

Kyle said...

Wow, by the time I finally get to see them they'll be walking around like nobody's business. Miss you guys and can't wait to meet the kiddies!