Monday, November 10, 2008

The Octagon

On Sunday, Daddy put together "the Octagon." It's a big octagonal gated playpen area for the babies. They need to be able to roam free in a safe place, and their pack and play playpens just aren't big enough...plus, they like to play together. Up until we had the Octagon, I would always just play with them on the floor between the coffee table and the t.v. in our living room, and sometimes on the floor in their nursery. It was fine until they both became mobile. As I've mentioned, Emma does the army crawl at an amazing speed. We can turn our heads for a second, and she'll be under the table or making her lap around the table or into the electronic equipment. Now, Alec is doing the army crawl and even taking real crawling steps...and is picking up speed. So, they now have their play yard area with a brightly colored foam floor of the alphabet, and tons of toys to keep them occupied...until they decide that they're bored or need Mommy. It's really a pretty great invention, as I can let them play without having to scoop them up and move them back to safety a million times. I just have to watch to make sure they aren't trying to steamroll eachother, but then we are trying to prepare them for their careers as cage fighters. JUST KIDDING! That's a joke. If you watch UFC, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, they're napping now...so I'm going to reheat my cup of tea.

1 comment:

Veronica Maria said...

Hey you, I was at the Gymboree outlet on Saturday and had like 10 outfits picked out for the babies, but after 4 frantic phone calls to my mother we really couldn't figure out their size...can you let me know what they are? B/c Tia V over here, wants to spoil her babies:)